Deficit '09: The Devil Made Him Do It

|
Obama's plethora of statements blaming his predecessor for the "inherited"  federal budget deficit is something a smart leader would not continue to do.  The facts are that immediately upon taking office, Obama signed two new bills that together about equal the $1.2T deficit he "inherited." I guess the devil made him do it.


Now that the fiscal year has ended, it is revealed that the feds ran a $1.58T deficit for FY 2009, the all-time record and the first deficit over a trillion. This deficit is 10 times the $160B deficit of 2007.

I don't know about you, but if I was was in debt 10 times more than I was two years ago, I would be making some serious cutbacks (and I personally have). Why isn't our government reforming their spending and making cutbacks like the rest of corporate America is doing? Instead they introduce Health Care Reform and Cap & Trade, which will cost the taxpayer more money and even more of their jobs.

Visit U.S. National Debt Clock to watch the national debt and unfunded liabilities ($106T and climbing) increase before your very eyes. It's time for real change. And I don't mean having only two nickels to rub together when it's all said and done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment